Recommended Health Reading by Steven Raker
In 2009 I began changing my lifestyle to a more healthy one. I have read over 20 health and nutrition books. Below are my top recommendations if you are concerned about your health and nutrition.
Anti-Cancer: A New Way of Life (David Servan-Schreiber MD PhD)
• The latest research on anticancer foods, including new alternatives to sugar and cautions about some that are now on the market
• New information about how vitamin D strengthens the immune system
• Warnings about common food contaminants that have recently been proven to contribute to cancer progression
• A new chapter on mind-body approaches to stress reduction, with recent studies that show how our reactions to stress can interfere with natural defenses and how friendships can support healing in ways never before understood
Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox (Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue)
· How consumption of grass-fed animals traditionally provided us with ample quantities of vitamin K2—while grain-based animal feed contributed to the eradication of vitamin K2 in our modern diet
· How K2 is the most important anti-aging nutrient for fighting wrinkles, Alzheimer's, heart disease, osteoporosis and more
· The health benefits K2 promotes for straight, cavity-free teeth and strong bones in children
· Which delicious "sinful" foods are brimming with heart-healthy K2
· Ways you can safely get the most benefit from your calcium and vitamin D supplements
The Omega 3 Effect (William Sears, MD,) AskDrSears.com
Dr. Sears takes readers through each body system-including the brain, heart, joints, skin, and immune system-and demonstrates how omega-3s are essential to each. THE OMEGA-3 EFFECT also offers tips on what foods and supplements readers should incorporate into their diet, as well as several delicious recipes.
What You Must Know about Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, & More: Choosing the Nutrients That Are Right for You - M.D. Pamela Wartian Smith
Dr. Henry Mallek has identified twenty-one little known but essential nutrients-the Longevity Nutrients-that can stop the aging process in its tracks. The trick is making sure your diet includes enough of them-something very few us of accomplish.
Of course you can choose to ignore your health and nutrition. If you decide to do that, let me recommend:
Proof of Heaven (Dr. Eban Alexander)
Dr. Alexander’s brain was attacked by a rare illness. The part of the brain that controls thought and emotion—and in essence makes us human—shut down completely. For seven days he lay in a coma. Then, as his doctors considered stopping treatment, Alexander’s eyes popped open. He had come back.
Alexander’s recovery is a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.
Blood Tests from Metametrix.com/
This website has a wealth of information on blood tests that they provide.
(Click on “Test Menu” then “Profiles” for a list of tests or “Interpretive Guides” for information on each test. Or click on “Profiles” select a test and click on the “Downloads” tab for Sample Reports, Interpretive Guides and Patient Briefs.
RequestaTest.com – Good site to get blood tests locally.
Lef.orgThis is another great source of information on longevity. Click on “Magazine” for all the previous issues of Life Extension Magazine, a great source of health information and research.
Vitamin and Herb Websites: SwansonVitamins.com VitaminShoppe.com, IHerb.com
Bulk Websites: NutriCargo.com, PureBulk.com, FloridaHerbHouse.com, ZNaturalFoods.com,
WHFoods.com has a great list of Worlds Healthiest Foods and Essential Nutrients
Diet and Exercise are the 2 legs Health stands on!!